directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Tony Thompson" <Tony.Thomp...@stone-ware.com>
Subject V1.0.1 schema
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 18:18:27 GMT
In v1.0 and even a 1.0.1 snapshot I had, I had hijacked the "member"
attribute and used it on an "inetorgperson" to track that users group
membership.  Even though technically the schema didn't allow "member" on
an "interorgperson", Apache let me do it anyway.  It looks like the
1.0.1 final release fixed that hole and it will no longer allow me to
use the "member" attribute on an "inetorgperson".  If I want to keep
track of group membership on a user object, is there an attribute that I
should use?  Will there ever be one in the base schema for that purpose?
Should I add my own "memberOf" attribute to use instead?

Thanks
Tony

may be monitored.