directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release ADS 1.5.0
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 21:43:35 GMT
I think we should release 1.5 "now" but in all the other projects I'm
involved with a vote happens after the code is tagged and the actual
artifacts that are proposed for release are built, staged, and ready
for examination by the voters.  That way you know exactly what the
code you are voting on is (its been tagged) and you can look at the
artifacts and check for proper legal files (something that always
seems to get messed up between thinking you're ready for a release
and actually building the artifacts).

What is the usual apacheds process?  Is this a opinion poll on
whether to tag, build, stage, and vote or the actual release vote?
If the latter, how do you know what you're voting on?

thanks
david jencks