directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hamrin" <Erik.Ham...@mobeon.com>
Subject RE: [VOTE] Release ADS 1.5.0, take 2 : results
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 11:49:47 GMT
Hi!

My name is Erik Hamrin, yesterday I posted on the Apache DS mailing list about including my
own .jar-files into my project. You posted an answer that I for some reason did not recieve,
so I use this way to get in touch with you instead.

I would just like to let you know that I managed to work it out. After getting the jars in
place, the beanDefinitionErrors in my server.xml disappeared. Right now the server has been
running under constant stress for 12 h now and it looks OK to me. How ever I am not thrilled
that errors "just disappear". Should I hit any more snags, I´ll post anew.

I don´t know if it still is of importance but I am rewriting (or maybe rather "I am hijacking")
apache ds to work as a lightweight LDAP proxy. We are building a test bed for a component
and need a simple decoder/encoder, so we stripped apache DS of most its code and kept just
what we needed. =D

Sorry the reply came this way, but since I could not post on the maillist I still wanted to
say thanks for looking att the messy stacktrace.

Blue skies!!!

//Erik

________________________________

From: Emmanuel Lecharny [mailto:elecharny@gmail.com]
Sent: den 29 mars 2007 13:38
To: Apache Directory Developers List
Subject: [VOTE] Release ADS 1.5.0, take 2 : results

Hi dear Apache Directory Server Users and Committers !

The second vote for ADS 1.5.0 version is now closed. We have received 8 +1, no veto.

We will start the release process in the next few hours, and will inform everyone about it.

We will have to :
- tag the release,
- generate the packages,
- feed the repo and maven repos,
- update the site with the news,
- do a last VSLDAP test

Then we should try to put some more documentation on the site about ADS 1.5, because we have
not a lot currently :)

If someone could carry the load of writing a kind of PR paper, in good english (it won't be
me ;), that would be kindfull !

Thanks everyone for the good work, and gather all your energy for the next version, 1.5.1
: we have more than 50 bugs to fix, and a lot of new features to add (SASL being one of the
most interesting one, thanks to Enrique tremandous work !)

Emmanuel Lécharny

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny