directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Erik Hamrin" <Erik.Ham...@mobeon.com>
Subject Including .jar
Date Wed, 28 Mar 2007 09:03:38 GMT
Hi.

Me and a friend are working on a conversion of the apache ds, turning it in to a dumb proxy.
We´ve build the project and it runs fine when started from the standard uberJarMain.java-file.
However, we need to embed the class Service into our project. When we are trying to instanciate
a member of this class anywhere except in the uberJarMain, it throws illegalClassChangeException.
We have no idea as to why this happends, the exception claims that there are empty beans in
the server.xml file, but the file run in uberJarMain.

We tried rebuildning our project with maven, but since we have imported some .Jars that are
not in the dependencies it won´t build. How do we put our own .jars into the repository?

The stacktrace (huge and hardly readable) below:

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with
name 'configuration'
defined in URL [file:/iMUXTester/server.xml]: Could not parse inner bean
definition; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Error registering
bean with name '' defined in URL [file:/iMUXTester/server.xml]: Could not parse
inner bean definition; nested exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException:
Error
registering bean with name '' defined in URL [file:/home/iMUXTester/server.xml]:
Unexpected failure during bean definition parsing; nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with
name '' defined in URL
[file:/iMUXTester/server.xml]: Could not parse inner bean definition; nested
exception is org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering
bean with name ''
defined in URL [file:/iMUXTester/server.xml]: Unexpected failure during bean
definition parsing; nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanDefinitionStoreException: Error registering bean with
name '' defined in URL
[file:/iMUXTester/server.xml]: Unexpected failure during bean definition
parsing; nested exception is java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError
        at org.apache.directory.server.core.authn.AuthenticationService.<clinit>(AuthenticationService.java:62)
        at org.springframework.util.ClassUtils.forName(ClassUtils.java:109)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.support.BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.createBeanDefinition(BeanDefinitionReaderUtils.java:65)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:466)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:432)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertySubElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:795)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertyValue(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:784)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertyElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:722)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertyElements(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:621)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:464)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseBeanDefinitionElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:432)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertySubElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:795)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parseListElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:883)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertySubElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:859)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertyValue(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:784)
        at
org.springframework.beans.factory.xml.DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.parsePropertyElement(DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.java:722)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractXmlApplicationContext.loadBeanDefinitions(AbstractXmlApplicationContext.java:81)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.refreshBeanFactory(AbstractRefreshableApplicationContext.java:89)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.AbstractApplicationContext.refresh(AbstractApplicationContext.java:262)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:89)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:74)
        at
org.springframework.context.support.FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.<init>(FileSystemXmlApplicationContext.java:65)
        at org.apache.directory.server.Service.init(Service.java:78)
        at iMUXTesterProxy.TestMain.main(TestMain.java:16)

The email is a bit of a mess I´m afraid. What is needed are clues to why it says that there
are empty beans in the XML file when it runs in one application but not the other. Some lines
have been omitted from the stacktrace, all being a oart of DefaultXmlBeanDefinitionParser.

Any ideas, anyone?