directory-dev mailing list archives

From Quanah Gibson-Mount <qua...@stanford.edu>
Subject Re: Benchmarks feedback
Date Tue, 27 Mar 2007 16:35:23 GMT

--On Tuesday, March 27, 2007 12:05 PM -0400 Matt Hogstrom
<matt@hogstrom.org> wrote:

> I haven't used SLAMD.  I have a C based load generator that is
> proprietary.  If it scales that would be awesome.

Is it a C based load generator that can distribute across clients, similar
to slamd?  Or is it more like directoryMark?  I'm curious, because the
problem we've run into in benchmarking OpenLDAP with slamd, is that slamd
simply can't keep up when one has a highly tuned performant server. :/
There's been some interesting in writing (or finding) an alternate LDAP
testing engine that is C based.  Unfortunately, one that is not proprietary
is of course desired.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount