directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Trustin Lee" <trus...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SASL] SASL configuration
Date Tue, 13 Mar 2007 04:54:03 GMT

> I looked at the way ApacheDS does Spring config, the relationship with
> the daemon code, etc., and I'm ready to start in on configuration for
> SASL.  What I'd like to do is create a bean for the LDAP protocol
> provider that resides in the protocol-ldap module, maybe named
> LdapProtocolConfiguration.  This would contain the SASL parameters and
> I could also move over the 3 properties that are used by the LDAP PP
> from the ServerStartupConfiguration:
>
> maxSizeLimit
> maxTimeLimit
> isAllowAnonymousAccess
>
> WDYT?

Sounds OK to me for now.

In the future, it would be better to use preferences API whose backend is a
properties file rather than creating a new configuration class every time
considering bunch of properties we might introduce later.  Otherwise, we
could store only minimal set of configuration in a properties file and store
others in the system partition.

Trustin
http://gleamynode.net/
--