directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core] Loading stored-procedures and setting triggers
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:26:20 GMT
> On 3/16/07, Ersin Er <ersin.er@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Currently no. It's on TODO. My proposals were executing Triggers with
> > creation time order and the other one was a Precedence specifier in
> > the grammar. We'll figure it out soon.
>
> OK, now done. I have made some changes to the TriggerSpecification
> grammar and TriggerService code. Now, we have guarantied ordered
> execution of multiple SPs per Trigger execution.

I thought about this some more.  When a userPassword comes in, I
derive keys, store the keys, and then discard the userPassword.  The
userPassword should never touch the database.  My understanding with
an AFTER trigger is that the userPassword would actually get stored.
My intention with the ordering of the triggers was to then delete the
userPassword with a 2nd trigger, but I realized it would be better to
not store the userPassword in the first place.  How can I avoid
storing the userPassword and only store the keys?

Enrique