directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [core] Loading stored-procedures and setting triggers
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 19:03:51 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

1)  Has anyone given any thought to where we would put the
initialization code for administrative triggers and stored
procedure's?

For review, in the ITest there are 2 key lines:

  a)  Where the stored procedure is loaded:

// Load the stored procedure unit which has the stored procedure to be
triggered.
JavaStoredProcedureUtils.loadStoredProcedureClass( ctx, BackupUtilities.class );

  b)  Where the trigger is added:

// Create the Trigger Specification within a Trigger Subentry.
createTriggerSubentry( ctx, "triggerSubentry1", "AFTER Delete CALL \""
+ BackupUtilities.class.getName() + ".backupDeleted\" ( $ldapContext
\"\", $name, $operationPrincipal, $deletedEntry )" );

The use case here is that I would like to automatically derive
Kerberos keys for users when they modify userPassword.  So, I have an
SP that I need to load into the DIT and I have a trigger that I need
to set on the ou=users subtree.  Short term this could be added to
ServerContextFactory, after the backend is started and any LDIF's
loaded.  We could potentially have a lot of them for various
server/admin tasks.

2)  Also, what would the process look like for checking if the SP and
trigger already exist?  Would we just load/set them again since it's
not harmful, like we do with loading LDIF's at startup?

3)  What are the pros/cons with doing this with a trigger/SP vs. an
Interceptor?  The major thing is the "scope," right?  Meaning a
trigger/SP can apply to subtree/subtree refinements (TEDs), while an
interceptor wouldn't have those semantics by default.  Any other
pros/cons?

Enrique