directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SASL] SASL configuration
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 00:45:47 GMT
> Yeah sure the LdapConfiguration is good ... just put it under the
> configuration now.

NP.  I would like to do a Kerberos bean at the same time, though.
Like I said, we have the class for it, it was just never read in
server-main's Service.  Should be one line, possibly some
troubleshooting but really minor and IMO, worth it.  Without
KdcConfiguration and its doco, GSSAPI is as good as broken.

> Not shooting you down here but I want to be more involved and have more eyes
> on
> these changes with consideration for the big picture.  Right now the less
> movement
> we have to get the job done with SASL the better because who knows if we
> have the
> right direction.
>
> I promise to give you more time with either a 1.5.1 or a 1.5.2 refactoring
> release where
> we can just focus on how to refactor and clean things like this up.  But
> while doing this
> we should not be working on Replication or SASL or any feature.  I want no
> tunnel vision
> specific to a feature addition to clutter our vision while refactoring.
>
> Cool?

Sounds good.  Thanks everyone for the feedback this week.  I know I
dropped a lot of questions, but I think I have everything answered.
I'll wrap up SASL this weekend.

Enrique