directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SASL] SASL configuration, part 2
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:39:05 GMT
> Ok so you basically have this LDAPConfiguration bean contained under the
> ServerStartupConfiguration?  Meaning I would get and set the
> LDAPConfiguration bean on the ServerStartupConfiguration?

I wouldn't put it under the ServerStartupConfiguration.  No point to,
other than lashing two classes together.  Instead, the
LdapConfiguration is read via Spring in server-main Service and used
in the ServerContextFactory to start the LDAP protocol providers for
LDAP and LDAPS.

> In terms of deps this sounds good.  You have the LDAPConfig bean in the
> protocol module which the server-jndi module depends on.  So this is nice
> because then the server-jndi can just have the subordinate object under the
> SSConfig bean.

Yes, it inverts the relationship between server-jndi and
protocol-ldap.  Again, no point to making it a subordinate object of
ServerStartupConfiguration.  That unnecessarily makes LDAP
configuration a part of every server.  The issue will be keeping
protocol config consistent with the other 4 protocols we have.

> If this is correct it sounds good to me.  I looked at the doco too just now
> ... config looks cleaner.  However this bean is under the configuration bean
> in the server.xml file I suspect.  Is this correct?

No.  Totally separate bean.  Again, people may want LDAP (the PP) in
most cases, but not the other protocols.  So why not make them all
modular if it is trivial to do so?

> Can you elaborate a tiny bit more on the configuration changes in the doco
> just so there are no questions?

Elaborate as to what, specifically?

Enrique