directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [core] Best way to add subcontext to partition
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 20:03:22 GMT
> However there is a means to load entries into the server using convenience
> methods on the unit test classes.  You can also refer to an LDIF in your
> project's respective resources area to be loaded after startup in the
> setUp() method.  Is this what you're looking for?

I was hoping for something programmatic.  An LDIF to add a single OU
and a couple principals would work but it is generally regarded as a
best practice to not use external files for unit tests.  In this case
it's an integration test.  I'll live.

The fundamental problem is that the startup workflow is not modular.
The first call to the ServerContextFactory starts both the back-end
and the front-end and loading an LDIF is the only recourse to affect
changes to the back-end prior to the front-end starting.

Incidentally, the ServerContextFactory is not actually a context
factory in the JNDI sense; it just happens to extend
CoreContextFactory.  In other server platforms this would be it's own
class for starting the server.  As a separate class it could have more
modularity options, as well.  Anyway, we're now OT for integration
testing the protocols.

Enrique