directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP] Removing LdapMessageHandler interface
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 20:01:59 GMT
> I bet that would not be a good idea to remove LdapMessageHandler : it's
> use to initialize MINA. We iterate through all the declared handler in
> LdapProtocolProvider and initialize each handler using reflection...

Actually, it would leave MINA's MessageHandler in the hierarchy, so
the casting just switches to MessageHandler instead of
LdapMessageHandler.  MINA typically uses MessageHandler to do
demuxing, anyway.  In fact, this refactoring would open up the
possibility of directly using the demux handler in MINA.  Furthermore,
it is MessageHandler that provides the method messageReceived that is
used in the current handler demux.  The init() method of
LdapMessageHandler is called with the cfg but it is unnecessary.

This is really a trivial change.  In fact I did it already locally to
make sure it would work perfectly.

Enrique