directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [core] Best way to add subcontext to partition
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 03:57:15 GMT
Hi, Directory developers,

What's the best way to add a subcontext under a new partition?  The
use case would be in an integration test, if I want to create
partition "dc=example,dc=com" and then I want to create "ou=users"
underneath that.  Is the only way to create the partition, then use
CoreContextFactory on that partition, then add a subcontext?  Or can I
programmatically add a subcontext directly to a partition somehow?

The issue I'm running into is that the Kerberos protocol provider
wants its base DN for principal searches to exist when it starts up
using AbstractServerTest, for example if the base DN is
"ou=users,dc=example,dc=com".  I would create "dc=example,dc=com" as
the 'example' partition.  Then I need to add the "ou=users"
subcontext.

Of course, the answer may be to modify the Kerberos provider to
lazy-load the store.  On the first authentication request, it would
then go look for the base DN.  Something similar will need to happen
for multi-realm capability, anyway.

Enrique