directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Supported schema
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 20:12:29 GMT
> Check out the following test case which enables the NIS schema via the
> ou=schema partition just by changing the enabled attribute of the schema
> object:

Thanks, that's working.  But now I need to get a krb5key set as
binary.  I tried setting "java.naming.ldap.attributes.binary" in every
place an env is set up, both to read and write the value, but it
appears to still be writing during an Add operation as String.  And
";binary" doesn't work.  Check out this add; at the same time the
userpassword is going as binary OK.

Received a Add message :     Add Request
        Entry : 'uid=hnelson,ou=users,dc=example,dc=com'
            Attributes
            Attribute id : 'krb5key',  Values : ['�d�a�[']
            Attribute id : 'userpassword',  Values : [0x73 0x65 0x63
0x72 0x65 0x74 ]

That krb5key format is a String.  The userpassword shows the bytes.

I'm using the Sun LdapCtxFactory to do the Add.  Is there a Test or
ITest adding a binary attribute that I can follow as an example?

Enrique