directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [ApacheDS] supportedSASLMechanisms added in sasl branch
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 17:49:59 GMT
> Enrique,
>
> I added the required SASL mechanisms to the RootDSE.  It's very easy to do
> here's the commit log:
>
>     https://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=517113

Technically, Simple shouldn't be returned as a SASL mechanism in a
RootDSE query.  But, it should still be supported, of course, by the
Bind handler.  Also, when it comes time to do the XML config, admins
should be able to disable it.  I agree it's easier to think of them
all as SASL mechanisms.  In my code I distinguished between the two in
the variable names, 'supportedSaslMechanisms' and simply
'supportedMechanisms' which includes simple.

I'll take it out of DefaultPartitionNexus, unless there's some reason
we want to return it.

Enrique