directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP] Merging server-ssl with protocol-ldap
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2007 00:22:46 GMT
> It's better and more benefical to criticize something which works than a
> concept on a piece of paper... However, I also tend to think that Alex
> concerns about patterns are important, because it's the best solution to
> share and discuss a solution. (even if I'm too old to be a pattern guy :)

I agree, but keep in mind that there is some structure imposed by the
framework, MINA.  MINA pretty much gives you 2 ways to break up
functionality in handlers:  demux'ing (aka Hashed Adapter pattern) and
IoHandlerChain (aka Chain of Responsibility).  I apologize for not
discussing design with the group, but really only one of the 2 MINA
constructs makes sense here.

Enrique