directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP] Merging server-ssl with protocol-ldap
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 23:27:04 GMT
> My point is that the less hard coded values we have in the code, the
> better. Storing infos in a real partition, loading them with a Ldif file
> (which is already an available option in ADS) seems easy and
> confortable. But at this point, again, let's do whatever necessary to
> have a 1.5.0 with SASL.

I agree to not hard-code config.  I did that to get a cut of SASL in
that passes integration tests.  I also think config in the DIT is a
good idea.  But, if we put SASL config in the DIT then we have split
config between DIT and XML.  Are you proposing an initiative to move
all config to the DIT?  That would be a sizable project and that's
where my concern is.  Anyway, we seem to agree on getting the config
into Spring XML first.

> Keep in mind that we want to deliver a 1.5.0 before end of march, if
> possible. If we can include SASL in it, that would be great. Otherwise,
> this will be for 1.5.1, so it's 2 to 3 months far in the future
> (hopefully for ApacheConEU, but this is not mandatory).

OK, a bit of a misunderstanding, then.  I thought 1.5.0 was any day
now, in which case a whole new set of features for SASL and Start TLS
would be too late, so I was targeting a 1.5.1.  But, we could hit
1.5.0 with just updating the config and merging the SASL branch.
Also, if the Start TLS grant comes in, I'm sure we can get that in
there, too; pretty easily by the end of March.  Would be a nice
release.

Enrique