directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP] Merging server-ssl with protocol-ldap
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 02:10:38 GMT
> Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :
> > server-jndi also
> > contains ServerContextFactory, which is where the SslFilter is being
> > changed from reflection to construction, hence the cyclic dependency.
> > The problem may be solved by moving the ITest to server-unit, where
> > the other integration tests seem to be migrating.
>
> That's seems to be a good idea.

OK, I moved the ITest for SSL to server-unit, the SSL code to
protocol-ldap, deleted server-ssl, and I touched up everything to make
the branch build again.

The more I see how ITests are being aggregated in server-unit, the
more it makes sense to me.  I'll put my SASL ITest there, as well.  I
wrote some new Start TLS integration tests, as well, to test
downgrading and the combined Start TLS + SASL.

My SASL code is now committed, except for my integration tests (which
require a running server).  I'll update them to use AbstractServerTest
and get that committed shortly.  I also still have my own Start TLS
code, which works but doesn't do authentication downgrading.  I'll
wait for the OK on the grant and then I volunteer to integrate Start
TLS, move its ITest, and make sure StartTLS + SASL still works.

If you want to start looking at SASL, the class 'BindHandlerChain'
gives you the big picture.  Then look at the first "chain link":
ConfigureChain.  I know TODOs are bad, but I piled all the hardcoded
config with TODOs and comments there.  From there the config can get
integrated into the core config/server.xml infrastructure.

Enrique