directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject [LDAP] Merging server-ssl with protocol-ldap
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 21:16:21 GMT
Any objections to my merging server-ssl with protocol-ldap?
server-ssl only has 2 classes in it and it is setting up a really
problematic cyclic dependency with core-unit, server-unit, and
server-jndi.  We never noticed the cycle before because the SslFilter
was class-loaded using reflection and when I use normal construction
m2 flags it and ceases to build.  The only reason I could see to have
server-ssl separate was, again, the JDK 1.5+ issue, which is gone now.

I would do this in the SASL branch.  I think it makes sense to deal
with more tightly integrating SSL at the same time as SASL, since it's
all part of a cohesive LDAP protocol impl.

Enrique