directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <>
Subject StartTLS
Date Thu, 08 Mar 2007 05:06:55 GMT
What is (was) the status of StartTLS?  It never worked, did it?  I ask
because I saw some code in the LDAP PP while I was in there that
seemed to indicate at least an attempt was made at one point.  I
didn't see how it could have worked, so I added my own code, and I
have it working.  It even seems to stack OK with SASL.

$ ldapsearch -b "dc=example,dc=com" "(uid=erodriguez)" -ZZ -Y
DIGEST-MD5 -U erodriguez -R -w secret

If no one's on this I'll add a JIRA so we can track it.  The OID
registers as an extension.  Is there anything else the server needs to
do to announce it supports Start TLS?

View raw message