directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Kerberos + OpenLDAP
Date Thu, 01 Mar 2007 23:22:55 GMT
On 3/1/07, Sam Hartman <hartmans@mit.edu> wrote:
> 1) I'd really like to see interested individuals work on the LDAP schema in the IETF.
> The effort has floundered for lack of people driving it.
>
> 2) I'd really love to see an ldap plugin that used some schema and
>    called kadm5_* interfaces--I.E. a way to replace kadmind with
>    openldap even in situations where the ldap kdb layer was not used.

1)  A standardized LDAP schema would be great and I'm sure we (Apache
Directory) would support it.  In the mean time we'll make our best
effort to reuse any existing schema rather than draft something new.

2)  I would personally participate in a standardization effort.  Is
anyone interested and who is also attending the Prague meeting?
(Prague Czech Republic - 68th IETF Meeting (March 18 - 23, 2007))

Enrique