directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [Documentation] Partition Suffix Documentation Update
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 23:54:03 GMT
I'm going through the documentation right now:

This section:

Adding Own Partition Suffix Documentation
Here:
http://directory.apache.org/apacheds/1.0/14-basic-configuration-tasks.html#1.4.Basicconfigurationtasks-Addingyourownpartition%2528suffix%2529

says the following in the beginning:

In ApacheDS entries are stored in partitions, each partition contains a
complete entry tree. Multiple partitions may exist, the entry trees they
contain are disconnected to each other.

Should it be stated like this?

In ApacheDS a set of entries
forming a directory tree
is contained in partition.
The root of the directory tree is the partition.
ApacheDS comes with 3 partitions (Also referred to as partition
suffixes) by default:
cn=schema
ou=system
dc=example, dc=org

(I think the below statement becomes obvious and can be removed, unless
we intend to elaborate more
(...link to an elaboration of) what "the entry trees they contain are
disconnected >>>FROM (Was to) each other)

[I put but don't think necessary]
The sets of entries contained by these partitions are
mutually exclusive.

Thoughts?

I'll be glad to update these, just point me to the source.
I'm also working on a concepts document that we can hyperlink to.

Cheers,
- Ole