directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: V1.0.1 schema
Date Sat, 31 Mar 2007 13:33:12 GMT
Tony Thompson a écrit :

>On 3/30/07, Tony Thompson <Tony.Thompson@stone-ware.com> wrote:
><snip>
>Alex,
>That does in fact work.  I can use that workaround so I don't have to
>add my own schema extension.  Is that a recommended way to do things in
>the directory?  I guess at this point I am really looking for guidance
>on the "right" way to do things.

The 'ExtensibleObject' is, as mentionned by Alex, a workaround (sorry
that I didn't mentionned it in my previous mail, it was out of my mind).

It would be better to decalre your own ObjectClass, and to include the
member attribute in it. All your entries will then have to use this
specific ObjectClass. I don't know if this is something you can do, but
at least, you will be in control. Adding ExtensibleObject will allow
your users to add absolutly any attributes to entries, and it can be
dangerous.

Emmanuel