directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ou=system is parent context for all entries?
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 20:14:18 GMT
Ole Ersoy a écrit :

> <snip/>
> Incidentally - Some might like it if
> the DAS was able to just create this root context without using the
> configuration file.
>
> Then ADS could just add it to the configuration file.

This is something we could work on, but this is not currently possible.
The basic idea is to store all the configuration into ADS, so that you
can modify it through Ldap requests (of course, the port and host will
remain in a file :)

> <snip/>
>
> P.S.
>
> This may qualify for as a scenario (John mentioned) where
> configuration data is in multiple files.

I don't really like this scenario (but this is just me). I would favor a
Ldap self-described server.

> <snip/>
> Thanks,
> - Ole

EMmanuel.

PS: I don't know which mail UI you are using, but it would be very cool
for us if you can :
- avoid mails with 40 chars per line (I think that almost 99,99% of us
have at least 1024x768 wide screens ... )
- avoid adding an empty line between each lines
- and avoid keeping the whole thread at the end of each mail.

This would make your mails much more pleasant to read, and also less big ...

Thanks !