directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [DAS] Initial Design Guide Draft
Date Fri, 30 Mar 2007 15:48:05 GMT
Hey Guys,

I just versioned the first draft of the DAS Design Guide.

https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/sandbox/oersoy/guides/das.ldap.design.documentation

It's an eclipse documentation plugin (Suprise), so just drop it into the
plugins folder and
look for LDAP DAS Design Guide in the books.

It's a little rough, and some of the code I just made up as
placeholders.  I'm going to start experimenting
with real code now.

Luciano, I used the EMF API to illustrate some of the concepts and would
appreciate any assistance you can give with converting over to the SDO API.

In general an EMF EObject corresponds to a SDO DataObject.

EAttribute is a simple SDO type (isDataType returns true);

EReference is a complex SDO type (isDataType returns false)

getEAllAttributes() returns an EObject's simple types including those
inherited.

getEAllReferences return an EObjects's complex types, including those
inherited.

Cheers,
- Ole