directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP DAS] Tuscany RDB DAS Users Guide
Date Thu, 29 Mar 2007 02:12:43 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> I'm too busy reading about fishing lures ATM :).  Maybe in a few
> days.  However I am very interested in this.
>
> Already thinking about a couple road blocks that you will encounter:
>
> (1) cardinality of members and mapping that to LDAP

Yeah - I think I got these covered.  I'll write it up in the design
guide - And then we can discuss further.
> (2) complex subordinate objects and how to map that in LDAP

Yup - I thought about that too.  I think I have it, and we'll soon see :-)
> There are solutions to these but they need to be discussed I guess.

Yeah - The SDO specification, along with a few simple conventions, will
give us a very elegant solution to this I think.
> Alex

Ole