directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: BouncyCastle and apache ds
Date Sat, 24 Mar 2007 09:10:06 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :

> On 3/23/07, Emmanuel Lecharny <elecharny@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Last thing, we will need to fix the same thing in 1.0.2, but I'm afraid
>> that we won't be able to backport your modifications, because we are
>> using a 1.4 jdk.
>

> A quick look at javadocs says the classes I used came into the JDK
> between 1.2 and 1.4, so backporting might work.  I did use type-safe
> collections in a handful of places, but those are easy enough to
> remove.
>
> Enrique

Ok, I have backported the modifications to 1.0.2 version. It was not
exactly simple, as many changes have been done between 1.0 and 1.5
versions (mostly, IoHandler inheritence).

We are now IP free :) The only remaining step would be to rewrite the
DER code, something we might consider for 1.5.2 version, or 1.5.3, when
we both have time to do it :)

What would be very cool is to bacport some of the tests you have from
1.5 to 1.0, if you find 5 minutes to do so.

Also, has I did a straight back-port, it may be cool if you can review
the 1.0 code, because even if it compiles, and test are ok, I'm not 100%
sure that it's all ok.

We are done ! Thanks Enrique for the good work :)

Emmanuel