directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [LDAP DAS] Clarification
Date Thu, 22 Mar 2007 00:35:52 GMT
Hey Guys,

I just read my mail over again:

Just wanted to see if anyone had any thoughts on handling updates

to Java beans (Service Data Objects - but basically the same thing)
persisted with ADS.

I think instead of saying "Persisted with ADS",
I should have said:

"Using ADS as their persistance/storage solution"

So for instance we might have an Eclipse App.

The Eclipse App uses some Javabeans (SDOs) to store info.

Then when the App needs to do a save, it would use the LDAP DAS
to persist it's attributes and references  to ADS.

ADS  would then persist this entry to whatever backend ADS uses.

So the beans (SDOs) are writing to ADS.

ADS then writes to its backend.

Does that make more sense?

Thanks,