directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Is this used for anything?
Date Wed, 21 Mar 2007 04:26:53 GMT
Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Hi Ole,
>
> On 3/20/07, *Ole Ersoy* <ole.ersoy@gmail.com
> <mailto:ole.ersoy@gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     OK - Cool - I'll just leave it out of the template, and if
>     someone screams we can put it back in.
>

> NP I don't think it will be an issue.  This only effects the use of
> diagnostic
> GUI's that can be launched by ApacheDS.  Not many people know anything
> about them really.  They were embedded into the server for testing it
> while
> developing the jdbm partition.
>
>     The logger.jar in the bin directory is the log4j dependency right?
>

> Yep it is.
>
>     Once the classloading is redone, can we load the logging classes from
>
>     /usr/share/hava/logger-verrsion.jar or does it have to be in
>     apacheds-1.5.0/bin for some reason?
>

> Well there is a tiny problem with location.  I think some executable
> jar files
> expect it in the bin directory relative to the installation home.  So
> yes position
> is important for it.  However we might be able to work around this
> easily.  I'd
> have to look at the manifest and what we can do with the installers to
> make
> this jar's position variable.

OK - Cool - Pretty minor deal really - It's just slightly more
elegant/clean/lightweight
if we get it as a dependency.

Um incidentally the logs will be located in /var/logs/apacheds-version
.... in case that
makes a difference on how the logging is configured.

Also is it the same case for commons-daemon.jar (Does it need to be in bin)?

>     Thanks,
>     - Ole
>

> No thank you :).

No no no - Thank you :-)