directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Adding Manifests to Dependency Jars
Date Tue, 20 Mar 2007 20:19:40 GMT
Ole Ersoy wrote:
> Hey John,
>
> I got the RPM stuff uploaded and hope to have a users guide soon,
> after I clean up and
> simplify a little.  BTW - Thanks for calling it imaginative and bold.
> I look at that once in a while
> when I need to get pumped up.  Usually I get "Less than useless,
> ...you've completely lost it?,... and
> they sell brains and Walmart you know?", so that definitely helps
> balance things out :-).
Caveat - While a requested preventative ui feature in some
environments,  the "Burning Oil on B@lls"  experience is most typically
encountered in the process of attempting to preform some kind of
imaginative and bold act.  ;-)

> I posted on the felix development list regarding the manifests
> insertion, but I'm still waiting on a reply.
>
> I'll probably just run the felix plugin, see what it does, and create
> another repository processing equivalent.
>
> That way it can be run before the RPM one is run, so that the jars are
> OSGi compliant.
They may be OSGi compliant, but I don't expect the felix plugin defaults
will be enough to generate OSGi jars for ADS that will work.

> I think the maven repository needs some scrubbing first though.  So
> many things to do!  Back to work.
> Yeeehah!
>
> Have a terrific weekend,
> - Ole
You too.

BTW - I am blaming you for getting me interested in EMF.

kind regards,
John