directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Installers] RPM Factory User Guide
Date Sun, 18 Mar 2007 17:45:29 GMT
Thanks a lot Ole !

I didn't had time to watch for you giant commits deeply, but in the last
one (and I think it's the same for others), I noticed that you committed
files and directories which should remain on your workspace, like :
.classpath
.project
target
and maybe a few other.

Those files should be automatically générated when runing mvn
eclipse:evlipse, so it's better to exclude them from being exported.

This is easy : just create a svn:ignore property to your root sub-project :
svn propset svn:ignore (or something like that)

You can have a look at any subproject, we have such properties defined :
$ cd shared/ldap
$ svn propget svn:ignore
*.ipr
.cdtproject
*.iml
.deployables
*.iws
.wtpmodules
.settings
*.log
target
.project
.classpath
*~
.fbprefs
nbproject
$

This will save a lot of space on the repo :)

PS: don't worry too much about this, we all have added files which
should have been ignored ;)

Emmanuel