directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: RPM Factory Uploaded to Sandbox
Date Sat, 17 Mar 2007 16:27:19 GMT
Hehe - Yes - That's the next thing.  It depends on these projects in my
sandbox at the same level as the rpm.factory.parent

ecore2ecore.model.parent,
 emf.io.util,
mojo.util
pom.model.v400.parent
metadata.model.parent,
AritfactIdToResourceMapCreator

I am going to clean that up a little since some of them are no longer
needed by the
RPMFactoryMojo, then I"ll write a little users guide
on installing everything and running.

But if you really want it right now, just grab and install those as well
(utils first), and it should build fine.

Then run

mvn archetype:create -DarchetypeVersion=1.0-SNAPSHOT
-DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.maven
-DarchetypeArtifactId=rpm.factory.archetype -DgroupId=factory.test
-DartifactId=factory.test

to create a archetype project.

This project will contain all the rpms, and corresponding spec files.

If you look in src/main/resources/README.txt

you will see this:

Put a directory in here and call it

sample-maven-repository

It corresponds to this configuration element in the pom

<repositoryBaseDirectory>
src/main/resources/sample-maven-repository
</repositoryBaseDirectory>

Then copy some artifacts from a maven repository and put them in here.

They must be copied directly from the repository root directory,
so that the maven repository layout stays intact.

After doing that run

mvn org.apache.maven:rpm.factory.mojo:1.0-SNAPSHOT:generate

Now all the non-snapshot jar artifacts that have a license in the pom
will be RPMed

Cheers,
- Ole