directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Rebuilding Apache
Date Fri, 16 Mar 2007 08:28:43 GMT
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> Thanks for doing so.  Sounds like CA is working on a VD solution based on
> ApacheDS much like Identyx (w/ Penrose) is working on one.  Would be
> good to
> at least have some testimonials from both camps.  There's a lot of
> products
> out there that use ApacheDS in one way or another.  It would be nice
> if more
> of them revealed that.

I couldn't have say it better ! We don't only appreciate contributions,
but also testimony and real life users. The more you use Apache
products, the more we can improve it by fixing bugs, improving
documentation, and spreading info about the server itself. Knowing that
CA is using ADS as a backend for one of its product is really a valuable
contribution, if we can share this information on our web site : this is
exactly the target Apache is targeting.

Now, you are aware that it can't be a one way trip : if we are not
enough working on the server, then the server will stale, so the
products built on top of it !

There is a balance to find, and regarding VD, I clearly understand that
there is a competing situation which forbid you to share all the work
you are currently doing for CA. This is just fair :) After all, they pay
you a salary, something Apache can't do !

Thanks for these informations, Norval.

Emmanuel