directory-dev mailing list archives

From "John E. Conlon" <jcon...@verticon.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Adding Manifests to Dependency Jars
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 19:47:42 GMT
Hi Ole,

Must say that your RPM effort is both imaginative and bold so I am
looking forward to seeing how it develops!

Your right - for OSGi, our jars and our dependency jars would require
OSGi metadata, but I think the idea of the RPMFactory adding that OSGi
metadata might be 'A Bridge too Far'.

When the time comes for it I think ADS following the best practices
pioneered at Felix and using the osgi plugin would be the safest bet.

BTW - The maven team is considering to dual purpose maven repos for both
development and OSGi application install/upgrades.  This will allow a
yum like install/upgrade service for OSGi applications via the Felix
Bundle Repository commands.

kind regards,
John