directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <>
Subject [Installers] RPM Factory Ready Update
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:00:47 GMT
Hey Guys,

I think the RPM factory mojo is ready.

I tested it on a subsection of the Maven Repository, so I still need to
do the whole thing, but so far so good.

I'm going to clean up the factory a little and then check it in.

The next step is to RPM the whole repository.

Then all our dependencies will have a corresponding RPM Package.

So when users want to install ApacheDS, they just type

yum install apacheds-1.5.0

This will pull an rpm containing only the daemon, classloaders, etc.

The RPM lists all it's dependencies.  So yum will fetch this and install
them in

ADS's class loader will then load the classes from there.

- Ole

View raw message