directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject [Installers] RPM Factory Ready Update
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 17:00:47 GMT
Hey Guys,

I think the RPM factory mojo is ready.

I tested it on a subsection of the Maven Repository, so I still need to
do the whole thing, but so far so good.

I'm going to clean up the factory a little and then check it in.

The next step is to RPM the whole repository.

Then all our dependencies will have a corresponding RPM Package.

So when users want to install ApacheDS, they just type

yum install apacheds-1.5.0

This will pull an rpm containing only the daemon, classloaders, etc.

The RPM lists all it's dependencies.  So yum will fetch this and install
them in
/usr/share/java

ADS's class loader will then load the classes from there.

Cheers,
- Ole