directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <>
Subject Re: Rebuilding Apache
Date Thu, 15 Mar 2007 08:06:09 GMT
Erik Hamrin a écrit :

>Hi all!
Hi Erik,

>I am rebuilding the apache DS to work as a proxy server for LDAP queries. It is part of
a  test bed project I´m doing. The idea is that the proxy will be placed between an LDAP
router and a target of this router. I need to be able to forward all queries from the router
to the target and then back again. Right now I am struggling with the interceptors, I thoiught
that I could just bypass the whole stack, but all the lookups and hasEntry operations makes
it difficult to proceed in a straight forward way.
If you want to write a simple proxy, just do it on the Ldap protocol
level. We have a sandboxed proxy if you want to start with someting
which work (even if not really clean or perfect):
and some doc here : (yeah, I
know, not very slick :)

Writing an interceptor to do so will drive you to have to encode/decode
requests and response in the interceptor.

>If anyone has done similar modifications to Apache (perhaps even gotten them to work?)
I would be most grateful for hints and pointers...
Hope it helps

>Bast regards
>Erik Hamrin

View raw message