directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Performance] 1.5 versus 1.0
Date Wed, 14 Mar 2007 22:50:04 GMT
Alex Karasulu a écrit :

> This is wicked cool ... hurry up and commit the darn BigInteger -> Long
> replacement :).

Already committed in trunks, two days ago :)

> Thanks E!
> Alex

Wait, this is just nothing... I have played with the
AttributesSerializer, and the gain is huge : more than 25% speedup
against the server with Long. So it's around 30% faster than ADS 1.0 :)

The tests I have done this morning with YJP showed that readObject was
responsible for 55% of all the time spent in the server. Improving the
serialization of data will result in a massive gain (estimated to a
speedup to 40%). As the best results we got last year with Ersin 4-cpu
computer and JRockit JVM went up to 950 request/s, we can expect
something like 1300 req/s. May be more :) And this will be 10% slower
than FDS or 15% slower than OpenLdap for this kind of test ... (those
numbers are *not* official !)

Emmanuel