directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole.er...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Authenticator] Question regarding encrypted passwords
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 22:01:07 GMT
Short answer:

I think 1

Longer answer/example:

Tomcat Authentication

User requests password page and provides credentials.

Browser encrypts post and sends it.

Tomcat ssl decrypts.

Authentication is then performed on the
authentication store (ADS possibly).

So I think the network usually takes care of securing itself, when needed.

I would probably leave 2 as "possible feature" and post it on our roadmap
so that users can vote on it.

I'll try to create a "Dell IdeaStorm" page for our road map later so that
features can be voted for.

Cheers,
- Ole