directory-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Lecharny <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [LDAP] Merging server-ssl with protocol-ldap
Date Sat, 10 Mar 2007 11:19:33 GMT
Enrique Rodriguez a écrit :

> I know TODOs are bad, but I piled all the hardcoded
> config with TODOs and comments there.  From there the config can get
> integrated into the core config/server.xml infrastructure.

ok, I see what you mean, now that I looked at the code. That's good we
are in a branch ;)

So basically, we can just feed the server.xml with a lot of new
parameters. That would be the first option. What about going a step
further, and adding those configuration parameters into the server ?

Here are the parameters we would like to set :
- mechanisms
- saslHost (what will it be used for ?)
- principal name
- QoP
- realms

Is that all ?

It would be good if we can put all these guys into the system partition,
in dc=configuration, dc=system for instance. A
dc=sasl-conf,dc=configuration, dc=system
with some attributes like :
mechanism: SIMPLE
mechanism: CRAM-MD5
mechanism: DIGEST-MD5
mechanism: GSSAPI
etc ...

The handler could also be stored using javaObject attributeType. Note
that it's just an idea, but it would be interesting to see how it could
be implemented and used, and which kind of flexibility it could offer,
in combinaison with LdapStudio.

Emmanuel.