For
> my money, I like just "Apache Directory" because there are cases where
> the directory parts might be embedded in other applications as a
> backend and not be used in a server mode.  Saying "Apache Directory
> Server" implies to me that it is only a server application, not
> necessarily something I could embed.

Interesting point.  Someone had mentioned making a subproject for an
enhanced for embedding version of ApacheDS to differentiate between the
stand alone server product from a scaled down embedded version of it.

It has been changed : the TLP is Apache Directory , then you will have Apache DS for 1.0 and 1.5 and TripleSec and LdapStudio for, guess what ...

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel Lécharny