directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Emmanuel Lecharny" <elecha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SITE] Widening the used area on the web pages
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:56:21 GMT
Hi guys,

first, I have to tell you that I'mp impressed with the progress you made
with the new site ! It's pretty impessive.
Ok, then, there are some problmes with images.

I agree that we should have a wider central page to allow images to be
exposed correctly. What I would suggest is to design the site targeting
1024x768, and set both side to the bare minimum so we just see the shadow,
but not much more (that would mean something like 15 pixels x 2 + 20 pixels
for the slider). We will gain around150 pixels in the middle page, which
should be enough.

For all of us happy enough to have a 1900x1600 wide screen, this is pretty
ok ;)

FYI, 1024x768 is still 58% of all browsers, slowly increasing (higher
resolution is increasing slowly...) (stats from
http://www.w3schools.com/browsers/browsers_stats.asp)

--
Cordialement,
Emmanuel L├ęcharny