directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Alex Karasulu" <akaras...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [Release] Approx. Timeline for ApacheDS 1.5
Date Wed, 21 Feb 2007 17:15:40 GMT
Hi Chad,

On 2/21/07, Chad Zezula <czezula@iditarodsys.com> wrote:

>  My customer is excited about using ApacheDS as their directory server,
> but they want to deploy only an "official" build with replication
> capabilities.

Please be informed that although the 1.5.x branch will produce official
releases the branch is intended for feature releases where we introduce new
features.  Although the quality of the releases will be significant since we
merge bug fixes from 1.0.x into this branch it is primarily for testing new
features.

These features will be stabilized in the 1.6.x branch.  The rule of thumb to
follow with ADS releases is that even minor numbers are stable releases with
bug fixes only and odd minor numbers are feature introduction releases.

> Since this functionality is planned for ApacheDS 1.5, I have been asked to
> understand the timeline for 1.5.

1.5.0 will be released soon after 1.0.1: we're talking a matter of a week or
two.

I understand with ApacheDS being open source that any estimate will not be
> entirely accurate, but could someone give me a best guess as to when
> ApacheDS 1.5 will be available for official download?  A few weeks, a few
> months?  Thank you for any help you can provide.

Weeks is a good guess yeah.

BTW thanks for responding to the dev list after contacting me personally.

Alex