directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Implementing OSGi for 1.5
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 18:28:07 GMT
IMO if including the osgi metadata in the jars won't break anything
else we should put it in right away.  It doesn't need to work
completely or even partially.  I think that one of the benefits of
the osgi effort even for non-osgi uses is that it encourages cleaner
division of responsibility between jars and again IMO anything that
makes problems in this area visible even if they don't get fixed
immediately is a good thing.

I would not support forcing anyone to change their coding style for
public/private method access, use of getter/setters etc in order to
use OSGI.  I do think that generating classloading metadata is a good
thing.

thanks
david jencks