directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Website] Add Google Analytics to ADS Websites ?
Date Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:49:52 GMT
Hi John,

I found the answer to your question on the same website. :)

http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/297

Seems like the author, Jem Matzan, has changed his mind.

There's a lot to dislike about Google
Analytics<http://www.thejemreport.com/mambo/content/view/207/>,
> but its quality and availability have improved somewhat since its initial
> release,  [...]

Macromedia is now providing a good Flash player for Linux and I think the
criticism on the Google Analytics UI is no longer valid.

However, I agree with him on some points. If the browser of a visitor
doesn't have Javascript enabled or has a Javascript blocking plugin, then
this visitor won't be added. But, really, who uses a Javascript blocking
plugin or disables Javascript in his web browser. I don't do it, and I don't
know anyone around me doing that.

So far, since the activation, the Directory Website has received 460
visitors (around 2,100 page views), that's a 380 visitors a day average
(1750 pages views).

Regards,

Pierre-Arnaud