directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [Website] Add Google Analytics to ADS Websites ?
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 15:34:25 GMT
> Good idea.  Can't hurt right?

No, it can't hurt.

I 'm going to set this up.

The only problem is, we need a Gmail account to use Google Analytics.

So I can create a new Gmail account for the Administrator. I'll send this
account information (user ID & password) to the PMC list, so only PMCs are
able to administrate our space at Google Analytics.

After the account is created, we'll be able to give read access to everyone.
Then, again, a Gmail account is required.
So we have two solutions:
- create a special viewing account at Gmail that we all share (but what if
someone changes the password of this account ?)
- authorize people that have a personal Gmail account to access the stats if
they ask for it.

What do you think ?

Pierre-Arnaud