directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot" ...@marcelot.net>
Subject Re: [SITE] Widening the used area on the web pages
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 09:43:47 GMT
Hi,

I see you mean. But we can't really do that because of the header and footer
images. If we set a left and right margin of, let's say 15 pixels, then the
size of the content part is not going to be the same if you open the site
with different window sizes. Since the header and footer images have a
static width, this would be a big problem.

But I understand the current width of the content may be a problem for some
documentation listings that run out of the design.

The current size of the site (shadows included) is 819 pixels width. Let's
say I increase this width to be optimized for 1024*768 displays. That's
about 200 pixels more than the current version.
I'll increase the size of the left navigation bar of some pixels. (Do you
have an example where the navigation bar is too small ? I could not find
one... On the Directory homepage, the menu is a little too small from around
3 to 5 pixels I think.)
That gives us around 190 more pixels for the content area...

I'll make a test site with these ideas and post the link on the ML.

P-A