directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [OSGi] Implementing OSGi for 1.5
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 19:05:57 GMT
Hi Stefano,

Thanks for all the elaboration.

Hopefully we'll have a common approach to both James
and ApacheDS in the end so that we can share
documentation and maintenance efforts across both
servers.

Incidentally I have a couple of questions for you
regarding James installers, but let me start a new
thread for that.  I'll post one with "[COLLABORATION]
James" in the subject

Cheers,
- Ole

http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/james-server-dev/200604.mbox/%3c4162765.1144418383864.JavaMail.root@81-174-50-40.vps.virtuo.it%3e

http://www.eclipsezone.com/articles/extensions-vs-services/

> This increased my believing that spring-osgi is
> probably the way to go.
>
> I would like to understand what XBean provides on
> top of this or what
> the are really doing but I found it difficult to
> understand what is the
> XBean roadmap from their website/jira.
>
> Unfortunately we didn't do any work. Btw I'm really
> interested in this
> and in my TODO list I have "Understand
> XBean<->SpringOSGi relationship".
>
> Stefano