directory-dev mailing list archives

From Ole Ersoy <ole_er...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Testing] Coping with so many integration tests
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:10:12 GMT
Alex,

[ASSUMPTION]
The integration testing is being performed
on the same workstation as I'm developing on.

[CONCERN]
When I run the whole build from my local workstation,
it takes forever, and
the MTV's spring break coverage does not start until
March.

[SUGGESTION]
Assuming I got the concern right,
I would think checking out the
build and just running individual
unit tests for local subproject changes
would solve the MTV spring break coverage scenario.

Then we could have a Contiuum/Whatevva build server
that checks out the Subversion trunk an runs the
entire build nightly, with a fresh report every
morning.

People can run the same server locally too ofcoarse,
perhaps on a different machine.

Cheers,
- Ole