directory-dev mailing list archives

From David Jencks <david_jen...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [Testing] Coping with so many integration tests
Date Sun, 04 Feb 2007 22:05:55 GMT
Jason Dillon and others have done a lot of work setting up an
integration test framework for geronimo.  I don't claim to understand
all of it but the basic idea is that one maven project starts and
stops the it server and the subprojects run tests in that server,
typically deploying various apps, testing them, and undeploying
them.  It's in the trunk testsuite directory.

If this is too much :-)  I think there are also some maven itest
thingies and there's always the junit Suite class where you can have
setUp and tearDown run only once for the tests in a single class.

Jason has also been working on a distributed test framework.  This
turns out to be extraordinarily difficult: he's been working on it
for a couple months and previously david blevins set up  a system
with substantial effort that IIUC basically was abandoned.

I don't think ramdisk is a reasonable solution for general use.

thanks
david jencks