directory-dev mailing list archives

From "Enrique Rodriguez" <enriqu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Kerberos] Kerberos + Wicket
Date Mon, 19 Feb 2007 02:18:27 GMT
> I don't know anything about wicket... does this use a LoginModule and/
> or  login configuration?

Yes.  jGSS will check for system property
"java.security.auth.login.config," where you configure it to use
Krb5LoginModule and where you tell it to use a Kerberos key from a
keytab file (as opposed to username/password key derivation) and where
you also tell it what principal it is operating as.

> On a conceivably related note, triplesec has some nasty code to try
> to find a sun or ibm kerberos LoginModule.... do you have one or know
> how to write one?  I think having our own would be pretty handy.

I know I wrote one at some point but a quick search didn't turn it up.
 I'm sure I could help if I know what you're trying to do that you
can't do with Krb5LoginModule.  What I did find was in the
kerberos-shared module in package
"org.apache.directory.server.kerberos.shared.jaas" there is some quick
wrapper code to basically disable Krb5LoginModule's use of an external
text config file.

Enrique